STROMAL VASCULAR FRACTION
STEM CELL THERAPY
PLANO SVF STEM CELL DOCTOR
SVF STEM CELL
The Stem Cell Institute in Plano, Texas offers Stromal Vascular Fraction Stem Cell Therapy as a treatment option for pain management. Call us today for more information or to schedule an appointment.
WHAT IS SVF?
Stromal Vascular Fraction stem cell therapy, otherwise known as SVF, includes the extraction of stromal vascular fraction cells for stem cell reproduction. SVF of adipose tissue is a rich source of pre-adipocytes (fat cells), mesenchymal stem cells (cells that can be differentiated into a variety of cell types, such as bone cells, cartilage cells, muscle cells, and fat cells), endothelial progenitor cells (cells that play different roles in the regeneration process), T cells, B cells, mast cells as well as adipose tissue macrophages (white blood cells that engulf and digest cellular debris, foreign substances, cancer cells, and anything else that does not have the types of proteins specific to the surface of healthy body cells).
A physician uses liposuction to remove fat from adipose tissue, a tissue that stores fat for energy in the stomach. The SVF cells in the fat contain elements like growth factors, fibroblasts, red blood cells, white blood cells and other various types of cells. The vascular tissue, a complex, supportive tissue, in the SVF cells is separated from the adipocyte tissue, which composes a majority of each SVF cell and consists of fat. The vascular tissue is washed, spun, tested for cell count and placed in an IV for patient injection. This manipulation is used to isolate cellular components known as SVF, which is a source of adipose-derived stromal cells for clinical therapeutic uses. This processing breaks down and eliminates the structural components that function to provide cushioning and support, thereby altering the original characteristics of the cells and preparing them for reconstruction, repair or replacement. Therefore, based on this minimal manipulation for structural tissue, this processing generally is considered beneficial to the therapeutic processes used for SVF therapy.
RISKS AND OTHER FACTORS
SVF is safe in that only the patient’s fat is used, and the Stem Cell Institute involves no cord blood or embryonic stem cells in its procedures, which is the basis for the negativity usually associated with the usage of stem cells in clinical settings. SVF is widely recognized as an easily accessible and usable source of regenerative cells with therapeutic potential in several diseases and disorders. The efficiency of the stromal cells is extremely highly regarded in the scientific community, and minor or no adverse reactions usually occur in patients seeking relief from the disability, the pain and the reduced quality of life associated with a plethora of diseases and disorders that affect the brain, nerves, and other parts of the motor skills in the body. The Pain Relief Center and stem cell doctor, Dr. Rodriguez, offers multiples types of pain relief therapies and encourages all pain sufferers to begin their therapy in this revolutionary field of pain management and pain treatment.
SVF is administered for the following:
Neck & Back Arthritis and Spine Disease
- Disc Extrusions or Protrusions- Both a disc extrusion and disc protrusion are a type of intervertebral disc herniation, but an extrusion extends above or below the disc level, whereas a protrusion does not extend above or below the disc level. SVF can be deployed as an epidural injection at the disk level where the pain occurs, but if an interventional radiology or spine specialist is involved, SVF might be deployed intra-diskal.
- Disk Annular Tears– A disk annular tear is an extremely common form of spinal degeneration. Even the smallest tear can cause inflammation, which may provide an explanation for chronic lower back pain. While it can result from a traumatic injury, it is more common to see this result from degenerative changes that occur with age. The resulting pain is usually inflammatory in nature, and SVF can be deployed as an epidural injection or intra-diskal at the point of pain.
- Facet Arthropathy– Degenerative arthritis affecting the facet joints in the spine is what is known as facet arthropathy. In the area of the spine where the facet joints are located, arthritis-like pain can develop and chronically affect the patient. SVF should be deployed as an intra-facet injection into all targets for these kinds of pain sufferers.
- Causes– Joint pain is a type of discomfort that arises from any joint – the point where two or more bones meet – and can range from mild to severe. Knee pain, hip pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, and hand & ankle pain are the most common occurrences and the causes can include bone cancers, broken bones, dislocation, fibromyalgia, gout, lupus, osteoarthritis, arthritis, tendinitis and several more disorders. Joint issues are usually treated with an outpatient operation or injection. Fluoro, ultrasound, or interventional radiology are sometimes used to facilitate deployment of the injection, and MRI evaluations for meniscal problems, which are used to identify limitations of therapy, may be incorporated where appropriate.
- Treatment- To numb the area of injection, the skin will be “frozen” with ethyl chloride or another appropriate numbing agent, and approximately 30% of SVF will be administered via an IV infusion given at the time of injection. The entire procedure should last around 30 minutes.
- Multiple Sclerosis- Multiple sclerosis is a debilitating neurologic disease that is believed to be caused by the destruction of the myelin sheaths around axons of the brain and spinal column. Although there is no known cure for the defects that accompany multiple sclerosis, there is a treatment. SVF treatments can utilize the beneficial properties of stem cells for regenerative medicine stem cell harvesting and deployment.
- Parkinson’s Disease– Parkinson’s Disease is a progressive degenerative disorder which affects the central nervous system. Although the cause is unknown and no cure exists, there is a focused treatment that can manage and minimize these symptoms. By deploying SVF for those who suffer Parkinson’s Disease, The Pain Relief Center is able to utilize the anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties of the patient’s stem cells to aid in the symptoms associated with the disease.
- Stroke– Strokes are very common and come with several different signs and symptoms. While strokes can be difficult to recover from, management of the symptoms and improvement are possible. The regenerative properties of SVF suggest that improvements can be made months or even years after a stroke has occurred. Stroke management involves long-term therapy, which usually can take place in a series of two-hour outpatient sessions.
- Peripheral Neuropathy– Peripheral neuropathy is a degenerative disorder that affects the nerves, typically those of the hands and feet. One of the most common causes of PN is diabetes, and the symptoms of numbness and moderate to severe pain are very common. This pain can be treated with SVF, as the regenerative properties of the adult stem cells are optimistic to help ease and reduce pain associated with the neuropathy disorder.
- Muscular Dystrophy– Muscular dystrophy is a degenerative disease that causes progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass, typically in the legs. While there is no cure for the disease, there are several types of therapy that can help manage the symptoms. SVF is one of the most progressive forms of therapy for muscular dystrophy, and the regenerative nature of the fatty adult stem cells that are extracted from the patient can help improve the degeneration and ease the symptoms associated with the disease.
- Causes- Erectile dysfunction can result from a problem originating in one of the body’s many complex processes. In most cases, it is caused by something physical, such as heart disease, clogged blood vessels, high cholesterol, diabetes and even obesity.Stress and mental health concerns can cause or worsen this disorder, as well as a combination of physical and psychological issues.
- ED Treatment– Aside from regular treatment for these types of pre-existing conditions, SVF can be utilized in order to treat erectile dysfunction in men. By using extremely high numbers of fat cell SVF injections administered intracavernosal into one side of the penile muscles of the penis with a needle, the cell residence in the penile muscles will be optimized. Intracavernosal Trimix may also be utilized as an aid in this process. For those who opt for the latter option, they will also receive a series of shockwave therapy treatments during and after the SVF deployment procedure in an effort to stimulate vascular and endothelial repair and angiogenesis. This will help achieve improvement in the erectile dysfunction patients experience.
Interstitial Cystitis (Painful Bladder Syndrome)
- Condition- Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition in which the sufferer experiences bladder pressure, bladder pain and sometimes pelvic pain ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain. Interstitial cystitis most often occurs in wo n, and can have a long-lasting impact on one’s quality of life.
- Treatment– Although there is no treatment or cure that reliably eliminates the disease indefinitely, SVF can be applied to aid in the relief of pain that occurs from the syndrome. In stem cell therapy, two-thirds of the donor’s SVF will be administered via IV infusion in these types of procedures, and the remaining third is deployed directly at the point of the pain with a special “gauge needle.” The fatty stem cells are regenerative in nature and have proven to aid in the healing and pain relief process for interstitial cystitis.